View Single Post
Old 04.13.2006, 06:46 PM   #139
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
How does one own music, exactly? It's not tangable, it has no physical attributes. What, do they own space? Do they own the sound waves? If I play "Dirty Boots" on my guitar, am I stealing from Sonic Youth? Or am I the owner of that music? If I own a cd filled with their music, do I own that music?

I've noticed that bootleg trading is a rather popular practice on this board. But, if as you suggest, Sonic Youth "owns" the music, than aren't these recordings a lack of respect towards the band? I mean, if the band really wanted all of these people who weren't at the concert to hear that music, wouldn't Sonic Youth come into everyone's living rooms and put on a personal show? Shouldn't we be showing some respect and allowing them to "call the shots"?

Yes! You SHOULD show some respect and allow them to call the shots.

They don't mind bootlegs, so they don't express an opposition to them.

They DO mind the downloading of the album before its release, so they say so!

I feel compelled to repeat my earlier post:

SY DOES NOT WANT YOU TO DOWNLOAD THE ALBUM

*Insert: THEY SAID SO

THEY MADE IT, NOT YOU

SO DON'T FUCKING DOWNLOAD IT

YOU IGNORANT DUMBASSES

Am I posting in English? I must not be, because that is the only logical explanation for why these concepts are so difficult to understand.

It isn't about what YOU want. It isn't about your 'rights' as a fan, because frankly, you haven't got any.

Just wait for the goddamned album! CHRIST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllHandsOnTheBigOne
*ATTENTION SONIC YOUTH FANS: THE BAND WANTED US TO BE ABLE TO HEAR THE NEW ALBUM ON JUNE 6TH. SO IF YOU WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW ALBUM AT THE TIME, IT WOULD BE CONSISTENT WITH THEIR INTENTIONS*

I didn't know SY had hired on an official spokesperson from the forum, congratulations!

*Edit: Bah I fucked up the quote
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|