View Single Post
Old 04.14.2006, 12:03 PM   #195
AllHandsOnTheBigOne
children of satan

AllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's assesAllHandsOnTheBigOne kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabib
assrake, it makes a difference in that they actually enjoy giving things to their fans. how do i know this? it's a fact. i discuss it with them. together we devise ways to facilitate that. they actively participate in the process because it means something to them. it means something to them to package and present something--for free or for profit--there's not really a distinction to be made. they enjoy giving things and take pride in the presentation. so, yes--it's a matter of medium. it's a matter of venue. it's a matter of context.

why? because those things matter to them. their fans matter to them. their work matters to them.

Silly prick, this is only as big of an issue as you make it. This will only turn into a judgement of someone's character if that's how you constrew it.

They made the music to be heard. I'm eager to hear it. I acquire it by any means possible, when possible. I have so much respect for their music that I don't want to wait for some official release date set by the record label to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
Really, I swear, after this I'm done, because I think I want to die.

The point is that it doesn't matter what any of US thinks. Let me reiterate, for the 876th time:

It's THEIR album.

It doesn't matter whether or not their intentions make sense; they don't have to. Who the hell are we to put into question the logic of their operations?

They can do whatever the hell they want, and since it's THEIR product to distribute, they can do so however they see fit, and we as consumers don't have to agree with it.

Obviously no one has to agree with anyone's intentions. We have a choice.

But their intentions are obviously to have the album heard. They made the music, they didn't lock the tapes away in the vaults. They could have if they wanted to. They didn't. The album was made to be heard, I'm hearing it. End of story.