View Single Post
Old 04.14.2006, 01:16 PM   #213
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
...i won't dl it,even if i said "music distribution has changed"(more or less),so i didn't mean that it's a justification for theft,i meant that for many (MANY) guys downloading an album before it even gets released is considered "normal"...and i don't think they will change their mind/habits even if chabib explained sy's point of view clearly.peace!

I wasn't suggesting you, but there have certainly been people earlier on in this thread who see that as a justification. I suspect they know how weak their lame argument is - would any of them stand in a court and use that defence hoping people to accept their reasoning? Or would they accept similar justifications as an excuse for someone stealing from them?

As I've said, I just find it worse when it's a band who are decent people and who actually make an effort to be generous to their fans. It's foul that they don't get respect in return. They even put two versions of 'Sleeping Around' on their website and we're allowed to hear some of the other songs via the Thurston solo show.

And even for other bands, there's so much unnofficial stuff floating around in the form of live shows, unreleased tracks etc that it's just bad form to have leaked this.

Presumably, the leak at some point came from someone either close to the band or working at some level with the band. I wonder if anyone knows who started it?

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|