View Single Post
Old 04.15.2006, 09:22 AM   #230
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcoffee
Everyone is making way too big of a deal out of this free downloading thing. If Sonic Youth authorize the free trading of live bootlegged shows, then people should be free to share their official album realeases as well. There is NO difference between the two occurences. It's like one person watching a movie on payperview and video-recording it on their vcr and making a copy for a few of yr friends. Once they have their copies, then they are responsible for their actions. It doesnt matter becuz people (many, many people) will still go out to the shows and the stores and buy their stuff. Tshirts, records, stickers, live show tickets, etc. Besides, most bands make the bulk of their money from touring, not from record sales. Ands since the record companies have prosecuted people in the past for illegally downloading music, it has scared most of the people away from the technology. More people use itunes and other stuff like that to get music from the internet.

you know what? do whatever the fuck you want. i really tried to help you out. if you don't care... fine. it's all out of my hands anyway.

you can have whatever opinion you want on the issue. the fact of the matter is that the corporation who owns the music has a different opinion and their's is backed up by law. i hoped it wouldn't get to that point and that people would just respect the band's personal preference and that woould be ok and keep everyone out of trouble, but some of you seem to really be putting yrselves out there and asking for trouble.

you really are dumb as fuck.
chabib is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|