View Single Post
Old 04.15.2006, 12:11 PM   #235
whorefrost
invito al cielo

whorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asseswhorefrost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
In all seriousness though, we've established that you are in contact with SY enough to say, objectively, what the actual situation is, beyond a shadow of a doubt. We've also established that there are a lot of people who are ignorant, contemptuous, or just plain ignoring this situation - which is their choice, albeit one that is clearly slightly dubious. I suspect the reason they are contemptuous of the objective situation from the point of view of the artists and the record company concerned. I suspect the reason they are contemptuous is because so many artists and record companies just waffle a lot and don't actually do anything; it seems like you're saying such people are causing the artists/ record companies to give less away free to the 'fans', such as they are. I would like to know whether or not, legally, the record company are actually going to set a precedent and come down on such people, or, as so often occurs in these cases, they are just going to let it slide due to the usual difficulties in chasing up such things - or are the lessened free junkets for fans the manifestation of this?
you gotta ask yourself, do geffen care enough to sue a few people on a message board who have confessed to downloading the new LP (many of whom intend to buy it on release).. how would they go about proving this? i don't know what it's like in the US but in UK courts I can't really see them providing sufficient evidence/ or having a strong enough case..
whorefrost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|