View Single Post
Old 11.09.2006, 04:12 AM   #10
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
It's BMR by a hairs breadth for me at the moment... it's always that one or Confusion Is Sex that have to fight it out when I'm confronted with such an impossible question to answer... but hey, I love the internal conflict.

I'm going to say something controversial now in response to what Washing Machine said... "Man if only i could have been 16/17/18 when these records came out and heard them in their original context....." Daydream Nation will always be my least favourite of this period because coming after 3 highly innovative and disparate albums it sounded like a compromise to my ears, and I was really disappointed... I just didn't think that it brought anything new to the table.(apart from Providence and maybe Eliminator Jr.)... it's interesting to look back on it now a decade and a half later... and of course I went on to love the album.

It is a true testament to this amazing band that I'm still interested and excited when I listen to their records... and I still look forward to their next move with relish...

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|