View Single Post
Old 11.09.2006, 10:24 PM   #1
zedius
children of satan

zedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asseszedius kicks all y'all's asses
A little story:
A few years ago I was doing my homework and not listening to music. I opened windows media player to pop on some tunes and there was sonic youth staring at me. I clicked a button to stream their new album, and I didn't listen to anything else for a whole bunch of weeks. I bought the cd, listened to paper cup exit repeatedly, and slowly but surely every song on the album became my favorite for its own week. Except peace attack.

So yeah, sonic nurse did it to me. I guess a lot of you are going to be sickened by that but I don't fully understand why. Since then I have bought (in order) goo, washing machine, dirty, daydream nation (for my girlfriend but we share cds), made in USA, sister, and rather ripped. In the case of washing machine, sister, and rather ripped it's taken me about 12 listens to even like the album. And I love the albums now. It's nice to find a band that I can actually grow to love instead of get bored of.

A 12 year old me back in 1994 bought a cd called daydream nation and hated it. It wasn't nirvana enough for me. Of course I realise my error now, but I don't feel too bad about.

Anyway, I'd like to hear how other people heard sonic youth. Also, if anyone wants to rag on sonic nurse I'd like to hear why some people hate it. I can't think of a single song on it I hate. It's one of those albums that just sounds entirely complete and perfect to me.
zedius is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|