View Single Post
Old 12.08.2006, 03:53 AM   #18
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
thewall - perhaps they perceieved you as being too young , too old , too pale , too poor , too wealthy , too attractive , too ugly for their comfort levels and so give you little attention . how is it you know its because youre a girl ? it just soudns like the insecurity about being a female is coming from YOU , not them .

plus , you said that this guitar shop was in fact an exception - the only shop out of a bunch that treated you this way , no matter what the "assumption" was on . if this is true , then why would you take it personally, onto a level of your sex+gender , assuming that theres this problem in the world where chicks dont get equal treatment in music and not see just those individuals as sheepfuckers ?

i dont like to corner people when theres already people critisizing but i am tired of chicks assuming all this , and inventing this gender-barrier when the problems are mostly based on other things, like self-assuredness and personal security . as humans .

Oh , but, also,
i think i understand about the rock camp that you went to .
and i think its great . id love to go to some sort of music workshop , and i would totally feel intimidated .
i dont believe, though ,that theres a problem with being a shy insecure girl that discovered the skill of songwriting , but perhaps there was an issue with being a shy insecure girl .
anythign we're not familiar with can be intimidating , especialy in skills that we hold with high respect like music or art , so its easy to be intimidated by those that can perform them well .
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|