View Single Post
Old 12.15.2006, 07:56 PM   #25
against_the_grain
stalker

against_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard suckaagainst_the_grain cold hard sucka
I'm a boomer and still retain many of my ideologies. I've never had a career, never owned a house, have NO social security, no pensions, NO savings (hardly), few possessions (computer, clothes, stereo, tons of cds) and a car. I'm gypsy, not interested in 'joining' the system...I don't like it.

However,

that's not to say I wouldn't like more money, more possessions, security..a home or two like in Hawaii, the west coast, the Rocky Mountains, New England. But I don't. In a way I've screwed myself..no retirement, hell I don't even get those yearly Social Security statements showing earnings and benefits etc.

I have long hair....flip my finger at 'compromised' society and hate delving into reality.....that is, getting anything done 'offically'. Since i've been off the grid so long and traveled so extensively, I get the "What are you running from" dealy...instead of the "Wow...look at you, aren't you the traveling fiend !!"....

Just can't help being the odd cog in the machine, it's my nature. But yeah, I do have guilt and regrets. It's hard to be pure, impossible actually, but I do stay away from regular trappings as much as possible. But there are consequences.

I just wanna live without the hassles.....my parents always said, "You must've gotten mixed up in the maternity ward, you sure don't act like anyone in our family"......

Don't think that hasn't had a phychological affect on me all my life ?....mmmmm...

Do not fear mistakes. There are none

Miles Davis
against_the_grain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|