View Single Post
Old 12.21.2006, 09:30 PM   #32
blastscenealibi
bad moon rising

blastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's assesblastscenealibi kicks all y'all's asses
My favorite Sonic live moment was just seeing that the band could and would still go on. It was a couple days after their gear got stolen. I drove down to Austin but the show had already been sold out but luckily I ran into Steve at a record store and he put me and my friend on his guest list. Outside listening to the soundcheck it didn't sound so hot. They had rented gitars/amps from a local store. But when they opened up with Schizophrenia it sounded as great if not better than any show I had seen by them up to that point. So it was great to see that their great musicianship came out of them and not just some fucked up sounding guitars as some were saying. But to pinpoint a certain part of that show Thurston's rented amp wasn't handling being pushed beyond the sonic threshhold too well so Thurston stops and starts messing with it and says "I don't think my amp is digging what I'm doing'.

sonic faith
blastscenealibi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|