View Single Post
Old 12.22.2006, 09:47 AM   #35
Wallis
empty page

Wallis kicks all y'all's assesWallis kicks all y'all's assesWallis kicks all y'all's assesWallis kicks all y'all's assesWallis kicks all y'all's assesWallis kicks all y'all's assesWallis kicks all y'all's assesWallis kicks all y'all's assesWallis kicks all y'all's assesWallis kicks all y'all's assesWallis kicks all y'all's asses
So many moments: I've been listenning to them for so long that shows have become part of memories of certain times of my life. I guess various shows in Cetral Park stand out the most: Independence Day, 1992: with good friends, hanging out all day, digging the soundcheck, seeing Sun Ra get wheeled out to the piano in a wheelchair, having Thurston dedicate Teenage Riot to the "Central Park hardcore scene", thinking of friends from that summer, when I discovered Slanted & Enchanted, Unrest, Crazy Horse Malt Liquor, etc...
Fast-forward to the next decade. Digging on another free concert, sitting out in the grass on a beautiful summer day w/my (now) wife, reading the paper, eating fruit. Then, on the Sonic Nurse tour, back in the park, a picnic dinner, my wife pregnant with our son. Sun setting as we walked south, cutting thru the playground... You may think it's dumb, but it puts things in perspective for me.
Wallis is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|