View Single Post
Old 12.23.2006, 02:44 PM   #16
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by top 40 squeeze
They played it at the post-9/11 benefit that they hosted at the Bowery Ballroom in October 2001 less than a month after it hapenned. It was the first show they played after the attacks, and they were just allowed a couple days before back into the Murray Street Studios. It was the first time I saw them play, and still the best, NYC Ghost and Flowers being the most intense song I've ever seen them play live. Cat Power also played that gig, as well, as Tom Verlaine, and Flaherty/Corsano... Which was the first time I saw either of them play and it blew my mind. Might be the single greatest multi-act show I ever went to.

Well, if they were going to play it post-9/11, I suppose that would be the time, eh? I remember Lee's description of Echo Canyon and the neighborhood after the attacks from the SY website, he was obviously pretty personally devastated by the experience. But then, who wouldn't be?
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|