View Single Post
Old 02.03.2007, 07:33 PM   #26
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
just an update that Guitar Trio All-Stars hit Buffalo @ Soundlab last nite (Feb 1st) with a slightly augmented line-up as the one and only Mr. Tony Conrad decided to come down strapped w/ some vintage 60's sears roebuck guitar that required strings (so it became 6 guitars +1 guitar, bass and drums). once we all got settled in we rehearsed for about an hour, and it sounded good to rhys so we all felt confident so we all went out to get a bite to eat... upon returning to the venue i had realized that the stage looked like a music a store or an ad for Fender equipment, it has been the only time i've seen 5 to 6 Fender Twin reverbs on one stage at one time. We went on and it was great, Rhys got so into it that he became unplugged at one point (from his pedal tuner, luckily my bandmate realized it before he was entering into the next section of the piece and plugged him back in). It was became loud as fuck on stage, some really intense "shrill moments" ultra treble overload (as an unfortunate outcome my ears are suffering badly for it today) drums were barely audible at some moments, we didn't have the greatest monitors, though everyone in the audience i talked to said the sound was really "full". It was pretty awesome and quite the honor to work w/ Rhys who is an amazing guy and really nice and is totally into what he is doing, and he seemed quite pleased with the performance overall, hopefully the recording translated it well. i hope to post pics at some point soon...

wow. big time.
thanks for review and yeah, post some pics!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|