View Single Post
Old 02.08.2007, 05:45 PM   #3
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
That's what I thought back in '91 when I first started playing guitar, hence I didn't borrow heavily from either, even though I do enjoy their music and sounds, and even though I have a knack for playing that way if and when I want to do so.

But, as I can see now, that was a foolhardy decision, because, as it turns out, there's this whole genre of noise music now and plenty of imitators who borrow stylistically from Sonic Youth and Glenn Branca. Add to this that alternative tunings are now pretty much the norm. But the real kicker is, most of them suck balls, and the people in the bands in question aren't even very attractive or interesting to boot.

So there's my sour grapes for the day.
Have a nice one.
Sour grapes are allright but Sonic Youth is/waSSSSSSS just a tiny band making music in the world.And not particularly good at that anymore either.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|