Thread: live songs
View Single Post
Old 02.16.2007, 12:11 AM   #2
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
i think before each tour everybody makes a list of which songs they'd like to do (or maybe the singers pick the list based on tunes they wanna sing, i received a potential list arranged that way before the murray st tour). from there, other members may veto certain songs (i know a few that have been talked about for years now, that certain members just don't want to or can't relearn). it certainly seems like they've settled into a pretty standard set of oldies since 2000 or so, but they definitely pull out some surprises for each tour. keep in mind they now have to teach a new member old songs as well.

what i find fun is the songs they choose for kim to 'dance' to (ie: not play an instrument, just sing + shake a tambourine, or whatever). kool thing, then drunken butterfly, then kissability, then PCH (and now most of rather ripped!). if you'd asked me in 2000 what i thought the likelihood of ever hearing 'kissability' or 'PCH' (or shaking hell or skip tracer or whatever) again, i would have been pretty skeptical...but shit happens!

who knows, 'orange rolls' may be the next kim dancer.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|