View Single Post
Old 02.24.2007, 11:23 PM   #4
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Sonic Youth - V different to anything released after. Big funk influence on some tracks. Very 'arty'.

Confusion Is Sex - Not really song based. Almost industrial at times. Very bleak sounding. Similar in some ways to early Swans, Throbbing Gristle and Fall stuff.

Bad Moon Rising - A weird one. Many people here's favourite. Almost entirely freeform in that most 'tracks' bleed into one another. That said it's their most conventionally 'rock' sounding album up to that point. Has a more psychedelic feel, almost Grateful Deadish at times. You'll definitely see the connection with Evol and Sister here.

Given what you already like, I'd start with BMR and work back. All of them are amazing in their own way and combined with Evol and Sister (oh and you must get Daydream Nation too) mark (for me at least) the band's creative peak. I envy anybody the experience of being able to listen to BMR for the first time.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|