View Single Post
Old 03.16.2007, 12:07 PM   #15
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
He has a point, though. When i bought a ticket for the first date i was really into the idea of seeing them play certain songs from that album that i've never seen them playing live, but now i think that the whole concept would probably ruin the way that i listen to it a little bit. A bit like when i went to see The Velvet Underground when they reformed and it put me off from listening to them for a while.Still, if that's what you have to do to please the fans these days, just get on with it.

thats kinda my point, didn't the VU live reunion (that happened in the 90's right?) get recorded? i remember hearing a cd of it, i think its the one with title of Roman Numerics for the year of the recording and well i remember it having pure awful renditions of some of the great classic VU material and i'm glad i never actually bought that album because it would've at least slightly tarnished my listening experience of the original vital VU tracks. hopefully SY won't go down the same path!

anyways a whole tour of SY doing exclusively an older albums worth of material seems to be something that would be reserved for Dinosaur acts like the Rolling Stones and a few others that i don't dare to mention... and i would have always thought that SY would never fall into those trappings, because they are so atypical, or have been at least.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|