View Single Post
Old 03.16.2007, 02:50 PM   #20
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudsilo
Jeez, whatta bunch of cynical killjoys.

It's not like SY have been broken up for years, and haven't made any decent music in decades. That's what makes this whole DDN thing special, to me anyway. They don't NEED to play those songs to draw a crowd.

Look, Mike Watt generally attends SY shows when they play here (I've seen him dozens of times), and it just occurred to me that it would be kinda neat if he joined them onstage for the occasion.

If it does happen, I'm sure everyone in attendance will dig it.

Yeah you're completely right. I just think it will be cool to see my favourite album performed live. Its not like they're making too big a deal over this thing and its not like they are gonna tour round the world each year doing a different classic SY album. I don't really think SY could ever be accused of living in their past. Just take this for what it is, a celebration of the album that secured their legacy, a celebration of Daydream Nation's upcoming 20 year birthday.

I would love Mike Watt to perform Providence, just because it would be fun.

Oh and how cool would it be if they filmed one of the concerts and interweaved it with footage from that era, live shows, daydream music videos and stuck a documentary about the album on as well.