View Single Post
Old 04.26.2006, 10:24 PM   #11
umjammer atomsk
the end of the ugly

umjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's assesumjammer atomsk kicks all y'all's asses
I know, i really dig it too. Why does everyone hate it so much? It has a bunch of really good songs. Sometimes a few of them feel kinda like filler, but most of the time i'm just going along with it all excited and such. Butch Vig returned as producer but i've read that SY turned him down when he requested more takes on songs.
Dirty is probably the only album that makes me mad sometimes; the glossy production, the grungy skateboard vibe, and my ambivalence towards Purr. But i'll admit there are some cool tracks on it though. (on the strip, JC...)
Um, I like Goo. I love the Pettibon cover. But most of the songs kinda feel a bit shallower than youth's other releases. Major label jump I suppose.
umjammer atomsk is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|