View Single Post
Old 03.28.2007, 08:56 PM   #13
XenakisMaster
empty page

XenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant futureXenakisMaster has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
Everyone steals from everyone else???

eh i don't know about that, most are influenced and borrow certain aspects in that sense... not necessarily steal which is a sensitive word in this case, therefore in my mind they are not on "par" w/ Sonic Youth, but more on a level of such acts like Milli Vanilli.

i'm sorry but i'm just sick of statements like listen to this band because "they are on par" with Sonic Youth or some other band with a history. what they hell does one band being on par with another really mean anyway? does it mean since we like SY we should like Velvet Cacoon? . very interesting coming from someone who is a supposed Professor.

I'm sorry but i'm calling you out here as a fake... maybe i'm wrong but you're whole line of posts is just too ridiculus and bogus for anyone with a mind.

Everyone steals, begs, borrows, inlfuenced, whatever you want to call it.
And that was exactly my point....disagree to argue ? There is no sensitive issue here unless you personally have some proof other than a internet site, which I believe is bogus and just for exposure . Funny I thought, after hearing them.

I really dont care about Velvet Cacoon's history, or their lack of respect for their own work, beyond the rumors (however twisted, notice they say "credited to" insted of stolen) strange responses by the band members, it all makes no difference because they have music on a recording, they made SOMETHING that is truly their own. They have two maybe three albums that are not stolen from anyone. They have one tune, about 17minutes long...very beautiful...

Yes, I thought because their music is so similar in spirit to Sonic Youth, others might like them. I rarely hear a band I like, as hundreds of bands a year pass through my CD player, most really suck ass and I can only stand about 10 seconds or I scroll through the album, before it is sent away. Ya my ears are corrupt, I have had SY in my ears for 15+ years, grew up in the SF bay, lived and listened in NYC, Europe, South America, ect.....I love and play, Jazz, punk, death metal, rock, besides every other music in the world except modern Contry Western and most forms of Comercial Pop (over produced, consumer driven teeny-bop frenzy propaganda) .

You are wrong about me being a fake (well, now that you mention it, I question myself all the time)......google my name (yes, I have a career in music). Just because I like some strange music and hear a direct connection to Sonic Youth in it, I am not a Professor? That is funny. You can buy the Xenakis Album at Asphodel's website and see my name on it.(french horn player).

You guys have a hard on for Milli Vanilli eh ? Such crap productions.You guys MUST be Paula Abdul fans...eh? hehe...

Matthew Scheffelman
horn
XenakisMaster is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|