View Single Post
Old 04.28.2006, 09:36 AM   #58
Confusion is Dante
little trouble girl

Confusion is Dante has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I love 'Experimental Jet Set, Trash and No Star'. It's purely Sonic Youth......back to the roots, yet embellishing the sound with more emphasis, and better structures.
Sonic Youth has never been main stream.........but 'Dirty' was as close to mainstream they've ever come. It seemed to me, with the release of 'Jet Set', they were going back to the strange dark closet of the earlier years..........but they replaced the burnt out lightbulb. They brought their jumbled sounds of the past to a new level.
I saw 'Jet Set' as a sort of victory for Sonic Youth. Instead of moving forward in the direction that 'Dirty' took, they moved forward in the direction of their more chaotic past sounds, yet keeping a nice leash on the pup.........Better control!!!
My favorites are 'Starfield Road', 'Screaming Skull', and 'In the Mind of the Bourgoise (sp?) Reader'..........
I love the CD insert, too..........I keep changing the picture to be displayed on the outside. Multiple cover art totally fucking rocks!!!!

My bough never breaks, I don't stumble into anything
Confusion is Dante is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|