View Single Post
Old 04.28.2006, 05:31 PM   #48
jheii
bad moon rising

jheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's assesjheii kicks all y'all's asses
I think I have an easier time reading Lee's lyrics on paper than I do Thurston's or Kim's. Thurston especially tends to link his lyrics to the melody of the song, and Kim does to a lesser extent, but I think that the songs where she breaks away from that formula usually aren't as good as the ones where she sticks to it. I agree with the masses that Lee is usually the most consistent, and I think it's because his lyrics usually tend to stand well on their own, as well as fit cohesively into the song as a unit. It is really difficult talking about the "songs" written by various members of Sonic Youth, for reasons stated earlier, but to clarify let me say that I'm referring to the lyrics and the musical qualities of them when sung aloud. The end.