View Single Post
Old 04.28.2007, 01:14 AM   #13
Sleek_Jeek
empty page

Sleek_Jeek has much to be proud ofSleek_Jeek has much to be proud ofSleek_Jeek has much to be proud ofSleek_Jeek has much to be proud ofSleek_Jeek has much to be proud ofSleek_Jeek has much to be proud ofSleek_Jeek has much to be proud ofSleek_Jeek has much to be proud ofSleek_Jeek has much to be proud ofSleek_Jeek has much to be proud of
If I knew anything about roswell, or the kennedy assasination, I could probably tell you why mike watt is in the stooges now, and I have no clue why mike watt is in the stooges. He'll prolly be in coffee and cigarettes 2 as well. With Dan Ak-royd.

I haven't listened to a thousand leaves yet. I'm sorta new to sonic youth, I bought daydream nation last spring and since then I've purchased bad moon rising, evol, sister, experimental jet set trash and no star, 100%, goo, and rather ripped. I find it all to be pretty ridiculous listening, sometimes I hate them, sometimes I love them, and it seems like the longer I listen to them the more I notice, and the more they evolve becasuse of it. But seriously, I started listening to them because I didn't have to pay any attention at all to enjoy it, at least as far as daydream nation is concerned...

So... are there any album-flavas I'm missing? So far I'm finding steve albini is right as far as them not really evolving any further after sister... (steve albini insists (according to michael azzerard's "our band could be your life") that they didn't really push their sound or style much further after their first three albums, and I'm finding this to be a little true).

Before I ever listened to them I read about them in that book, for some reason I've always been skeptical about them being sort of affected and posey... but I never really heard anything actually bad about them, (like wow, they even jammed with the '90's gen x suicide child, and they dig the voidoids.)

What am I missing people? I'm in love with the imagery, and the pose at this point, cuz its not so much a pose as a joke. All of their songs are like jokes to me. omfg what am I talking about?

I guess I'm talking about the goo album cover, and the white noise nonsense I mentioned... their like teen-freedom-beatpoet-wizards.
http://www.yousendit.com/download/WU...bWdrYUEwTVE9PQ
Sleek_Jeek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|