View Single Post
Old 05.08.2007, 04:41 PM   #3
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Cool beans, jenn. I may have to do the keepvid/flv to avi conversion on this one.

I have some observations of my own about internet e-mail spam.

No matter what you do, what kind of filters you buy or apply, it still keeps coming.
One may wonder why this is.
Spam today is "smart-spam." It is designed to be slippery and undetectable. Some of the methods by which spam eludes security measures is incredibly ingenious and complex.

What seems especially peculiar is that even when new filters are released, the spam somehow still manages to make its way en masse daily into say, your Outlook Express program.

This is because (some of) the same people that write the security programs are part of a cabal, yes, a conspiracy, with (some of) the spam-makers.

Their objective is, no doubt, to one day institute a postage system on e-mail to ostensibly finally get rid of the persistent annoyance of spam.

If you, dear reader, will be so kind as to indulge me for another few moments, I'd like to
Predict the Future.

In the future, each e-mail sent will cost you fractions of a cent (or whatever your currency system may be), and once this system is in place, there will no longer be any spam (or at least not on the level commonplace today). Over time, the rate will gradually increase and balloon until people are paying several cents for each e-mail they send.

So, you see, once again, we're all being played for the suckers that we are.
Things are just a bit different for me, however, since I am a sucker that is a aware they are being suckered, yet there is nothing I can do about it except post messages like these which will no doubt be fodder (I have no hard proof, of course) for some sucker to sucker-punch me with.

Robert Rauschenberg, Canyon, 1959. Combine on canvas 81 3/4 x 70 x 24 inches.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|