View Single Post
Old 05.10.2007, 01:40 PM   #27
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
it's better than any other sy output of the 90's.

well i dunno about that statement... however psychic hearts is thurston's precursor trademark guitar sound for albums A Thousand Leaves through now, its the beginning of when he started using the Pavement tuning (CGDGBB and now CGDGCD) that tuning was probably still quite new to him so he was probably just thrashing about new riffs, now he has obviously found his nitsch in that tuning and come up with better riffs/progressions. and also i kinda look at it as a combination of SY and early Catpower (remember Tim Folijan who played on the first few Catpower albums is on Psychic Hearts, same goes with Steve) this was when Chan was more rocking...

Anyways if i have to say I've prefered to listening to this as opposed to the album EJST&NS and boy i must say that EJST&NS overall is just lacking there are some decent tunes but then there are some really weird and unfinished sounding songs that don't make any sense other than just fragments.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|