View Single Post
Old 05.24.2007, 07:58 AM   #159
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
on the crowd trouble stuff, ive never been to a match where its been an issue, i dont get to see many games anyway, but nice to hear some of yr anecdotes Sonicl, interesting how those trips abroad differed.

On the English fans thing, i can only go on what ive read and seen but recently with Man U and Spurs in Seville one of the issues has been the police. I heard on the radio last night that there was a massively disproportionate number of police at the game last night, and they prevented a load of fans who had real tickets in because the stadium was full - this with a load of Liverpool fans stuck at John Lennon airport, so there was clearly lax ticket inspection for forgeries.

And interesting point someone made on the radio last night is that people will always GO even if they dont get in cos its like a secular pilgramage, and they were saying how in Germany last year (i think) they just accepted it and catered for those who couldnt get in to games by having big screens etc. apparently last night there was a big screen showing that was called off - thats only going to fuel peoples frustration. Besides, if you capitalise on all those people who are going to come without tickets and dont get in think how much cash you could make from beer/screenings etc? It could be like a festival.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|