View Single Post
Old 08.11.2007, 08:59 AM   #11
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
but really how is "Starbucks selling out" anymore than they already have been doing since their incpetion as a player in the "coffee business"?
do you think as one of the biggest coffee chains in the world that they really care about "gaining some sort of indie-cred"? that is partially why i don't exactly understand the motives (or really care to) of what starbucks is trying to offer in this particular cd, are they really going to catch the ear and tastebuds of the indie-hip cool rock kid who is likely a non or occassional Starbucks drinker? a strange marketing strategy in my view for Starbucks i can't really view it any more than just a promotion of goodwill to sonic youth and of those more celebrated pop icons who are offering up their fav. SY tracks... and for SY they really have nothing to lose and alot to gain in this offering at this point in their musical career i don't see the problem with what they are doing... but eh whatever.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|