View Single Post
Old 08.24.2007, 08:04 AM   #5
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm81
I think he's just reassuring himself: "I'm getting older, but if Yoko Ono can still sing at 70 and the alternative is Avril Lavigne, I can go on until I'm 80."

That is right:

Senile Youth Wednesday August 22nd 2007, 11:50 pm
Filed under: Sonic Youth, Humour?

Elderly rockers Sonic Youth are preparing for a show at Glasgow’s ABC.
Thurston - So, what are we going to play tonight?
Mark – Well, we’re billed to play Daydream Nation, so we should really do that.
Lee – Isn’t that one of our old ones? What would we do that for? We’re a forward looking band which never looks back.
M – Well, quite. I’m a little puzzled about it myself.
Steve – So if we’re playing Daydream Nation, what do we start with?
Kim – Kool Thing? That was quite good. I sang it.
M – No, that’s on Goo.
S – 100%?
M – (slightly exasperated) No, that was on Dirty. Daydream Nation came before that.
T – Yes, Bert, don’t be silly. It’s clearly Death Valley ’69!
M – (Exasperated) No! That was BEFORE Daydream!
L (looking excited) – Is it one of mine? Pipeline/Kill Time? Or Rats?
M – No! Lee, they never start an album with one of your songs!
L – Neither they bloody well do. (Looks hurt)
T – Beat On The Brat? Sheena Was A Punk Rocker?
M – NO! THEY WERE BOTH BY THE RAMONES!!! Look, here’s the record. It starts with Teenage Riot.
T – (less than convinced). Riiight. Then we play the other songs? Couldn’t we just play the CD then?
M – NO! There are people out there waiting to see you play and leap around!
T – Leap around?? Are you sure? And, any way, who are you, you young whippersnapper? The t-shirt man?
M – NO! I’m your bass player.
K – I’m fairly sure that I’M the bass player.
M – Well, you were until, well, you had problems …
K – What?
M – You had problems singing and playing at the same time.
K – What? (looks very hurt)
T – (jiggling around with excitement) I remember! I know who you are! You’re, you’re …., you’re JIM!
M (bangs head off table) – No, I’m not Jim. Jim’s … gone.
T – Gone?
S (shocked) - Do you mean he’s …?
L (horrified) – Has he …?
M – No! He just left the band.
T/K/L/S (horrified, in unison) – He left the band? Why would he do that?
M – He wanted to do other things. I’m Mark, I used to be in pavementtherockband.
T – Well, Mark-who-used-to-be-in-pavementtherockband you’ve caused us nothing but trouble since we met you tonight. You’ve told us that Jim is dead and worse that I didn’t write Beat On The Brat. So, as a punishment, you’re not going to play with us on the Daydream Nation set tonight. We’re going to play it the way we used to.
M- Aww, Thurston!
T – (Getting up to lead the band onstage). No, my mind’s made up. We’re going to play it the way we used to - as a trio.
The rest of the band nod their heads vigorously in agreement, then look puzzled as they do the maths.
T - (walking out the door) So how does Teenage Kicks go again?
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|