View Single Post
Old 09.13.2007, 12:11 PM   #1
danlynch
empty page

danlynch kicks all y'all's assesdanlynch kicks all y'all's assesdanlynch kicks all y'all's assesdanlynch kicks all y'all's assesdanlynch kicks all y'all's assesdanlynch kicks all y'all's assesdanlynch kicks all y'all's assesdanlynch kicks all y'all's assesdanlynch kicks all y'all's assesdanlynch kicks all y'all's assesdanlynch kicks all y'all's asses
Not sure if any of you really care about this:
http://www.nyctaper.com/?p=54

Sonic Youth Revisted - nyctaper’s mea culpa

By nyctaper

When I was denied entry with taping equipment (ticket in hand) into Sonic Youth’s July 28 concert at the McCarren Pool in Brooklyn, I left the venue with the belief that the band had reneged on an email that permitted access to record. I arrived back in Manhattan tired, sweating, and pissed, and wrote an ill-advised rant blaming the band, and in particular Lee Ranaldo, for what transpired.
That rant was unfortunately reposted in several places on the web, and as a result, nyctaper has had many email, forum, and in person discussions with people about the situation. Several of those people spoke directly with Lee Ranaldo about what happened, and to his eternal credit Lee has expressed regret about what happened to me at the gate, has expressed no anger towards my rant, and has quite clearly stated that no security person spoke to him about my situation.
At this point, it has become obvious to me that I was jerked around by the security personnel at McCarren Pool, and that Sonic Youth and Lee Ranaldo were the unwitting victims of my misdirected anger.
And for that, I offer my sincere apologies to Sonic Youth, their soundman Aaron Mullan, and in particular to Lee Ranaldo.
I have learned a few lessons as a result of this fiasco–namely, don’t trust venue security above the musicians, don’t publish to your blog something written in the heat of anger, and that quite clearly, Sonic Youth are extremely cool people. Support them. Please.
Buy the re-issue of Daydream Nation by clicking the link below:

Additionally, Thurston Moore is playing two local NYC gigs in the next couple of weeks (click dates to buy tickets):
September 24, at Maxwell’s in Hoboken
September 26, at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn
Purchase Thurston Moore’s brand new album by clicking the link below:
danlynch is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|