View Single Post
Old 11.08.2007, 10:05 AM   #5
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
So, did anyone else go? Best band on the night for me was The Roots, with "Masters of War" version which was just amazing. They got a standing ovation (only band to get one).

Lee and his band first backed some girl whose name I forget now on about the third song of the night. Later they came back at the end of the night for about 4 songs, one with John Doe, they did "Ballad of the Thin Man". Lee sang one number, it was an unreleased song from 1966, called shit Im drawing a blank- "I can't Leave Her" something like that? Mascis also sang one. The closing jam was "All Along The Watchtower" - which frankly was a mess since the mics seemed to be turned off. and BTW- Lee played acoustic, electric and keyboard. Al Kooper also pitched in on the keyboards, Mascis did the guitar leads. and another guitar player was there, again I forgot the name.

What else, Michelle Shocked wasn't there because she missed the flight. The "special guest" was Tift Merritt, and she did "Hard Rain", which was nice enough, but I think people were expecting something more special?
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|