View Single Post
Old 11.15.2007, 11:12 PM   #31
Protectmeyou
bad moon rising

Protectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gainsbarre
Give 'em away! What do you need 'em for? Unless you have the Dirty cd with the banned artwork what difference does it make?

I take it you completely missed my post, or vehemently disagree with it?

NicFit, I find that the deluxe editions all sound the same - loud all of the time. There's little or no dynamics left. Which is fine for iPod and general mp3 listening.
But popping the cd into a good quality stereo with good speakers and you really hear a difference. Whereas the introduction of "Candle" creeps and sits nicely on the Geffen
version, the deluxe re (or is that hot-) master is loud from the get go. I can't hear anything clearer myself on the deluxes. If you have any examples that come to mind that I
can look out for, please do??

As I've said before here on this board, you're not hearing the entire wav form on these deluxe versions, they've been pumped up and had the edges chopped off - it's MISSING elements
of the final recorded product. How this sits alright with even the casual music listener, I do not know. Yes it's anal, but it's friggin quality music isn't it?
Protectmeyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|