View Single Post
Old 01.24.2008, 07:03 AM   #7
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
don;t know what "mooted" means

however, the sonic youth have several VHS releases you can find

Screaming Fields of Sonic Love have videos pre-Geffen. It fucking rules.
GOO has videos of every song on the album GOO. it rules just slightly less. Mote is the greatest video ever.
Gila Monster jamboree is a live recording of Bad Moon Rising era sonic youth playing in the desert and freaking out the wanna-be's. It fucking rules too.
1991 The Year Punk Broke is a tour doc showing sonic youth mudhoney, nirvana, dinosaur an dothers on tour i festivals in europe. it rules all.

none of these are available on official DVD, but if you are one of those fake ass fans that get yr music from torrent downloads or file sharing or buys bootleg dvd's made by transferring the VHS to a ciomputer there are ways to find them.

I do agree that "real fans" own the official merchandise, and I agree that many people these days unfortunately aren't bothering to buy official releases and merchandise and that it is a problem.
But "real fans" of a band have always been bootleg enthusiasts too. It seems to me that you like to bring down the same catch-all indictment any chance you get.

In my case, I used to have the VHS tapes for Goo, Punk Broke, and Screaming Fields, but they were all stolen from me in the nineties.

Since then, I've gotten digital copies for Punk Broke and, being such a big fan, I even complied my own Screaming Fields fascilmile using youtube and keepvid pending the eventual release of the dvd(s). As far as I know, no one has ever torrented a VHS transfer of Sceaming Fields or has ever put it up as a link share.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|