View Single Post
Old 02.11.2008, 04:57 PM   #5
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasteinmen
do you think it's suitable for a noob? and shows a lot of variety?

Its a good selection of tracks, and putting tracks from all the Sonic's career and displaying them in glorious chronilogicless order is good in that it'll make a varied mix-tape/CD-R. However, I'm not sure whether just the singles is a good idea, I always disagree what tracks bands, even Sonic Youth, decide to release as singles, I feel a singles compilation rarely displays their best stuff. For example, Nevermind seems a bizarre single choice from NYC, I always think Renegade Princess is crying out to be a single, and a much better one at that. If this dude didn't dig Daydream maybe it'd be better to focus on a period of SY that he'd be more likely to connect with, so maybe the spacier Murray St. stuff or the heavier early No Wave stuff, I dunno. I really reckon theres something for everyone with this band, and having stuff from all their albums could be a bit confusing, I think it'd be better to pick a certain area to focus on.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|