Thread: Demonlover
View Single Post
Old 02.12.2008, 09:49 AM   #3
Georgekrz
stalker

Georgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's assesGeorgekrz kicks all y'all's asses
I saw it last week at Anthology, here's a good link about this flick and SY:
http://www.reverseshot.com/legacy/se.../daydream.html

I thought the score was kind of minimal in this movie, I think SY stood out more or was used to better effect in Asia Argento's "Heart is Deceitful..."

As for the movie itself, I found it pretty good. Connie Nielsen was great in the lead role I think, and obviously she looked very beautiful here. I think the movie was a bit ambiguous on what happened in that house she gets taken to (wearing that hood, and then next scene we see her with the wound on her arm etc), Im wondering if that was the 10 minutes that got cut out after the Cannes fest. I thought the ending was pretty good too, the last shot when she is looking into the camera. She def played that role well, the whole sadistic/masochistic dichotomy, the attraction/repulsion to it. But the movie had so many angles it wanted to cover, like also the political angle, (notice what's on the newscasts) and the economics as well. Overall Id give it 7/10.
Georgekrz is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|