View Single Post
Old 03.17.2008, 12:24 AM   #11
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by yazz
Hellow peoples

I've been getting into Sonic Youth lately, hence why I joined this forum. Also because I like discussing music and everything else with people that listen to decent music.

Anyway, I've only heard Daydream Nation, Sister and EVOL now. I'm thinking of listening to their whole discography in chronological order, anything you'd recommend?

Cheers!

I'd say you really need to get Bad Moon Rising next to get a feel where they were coming from when they did the three albums you have. Plus, it's a fucking genius landmark album (my favorite record - period). Then get the other early albums Confusion is Sex and the self-titled ep, which are also must haves.

Then going chronological with the major label stuff (as well as the SYRs which shouldn't be missed) makes sense, keeping in mind that if you don't like a particular album as much they may well have done something noticeably different afterwards.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|