View Single Post
Old 04.23.2008, 01:59 AM   #6
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lawrence
polvo too! the meat puppets should do 'up on the sun' instead, though. i'm assuming they'll add more acts? aren't sebadoh doing 'bubble & scrape'?

this 'covering an entire album' thing is getting a little out of hand, but i can't deny the awesome assurance of the presentation of the full work. 'daydream' was certainly supercool just to at least hear those songs. and, as mentioned in a recent thread, psychic hearts has a fair amount of nostalgic worship in my mind, though i do still appreciate the following as legitimately cool thurston songs: 'queenbee' 'cindy' 'cherry' 'pretty' 'elegy!' 'hangout' 'ono' 'titletrack!!' 'patti' 'blues' hmm almost said the whole record now, eh? i do think it stands up contrary to the common criticisms (simple riffs, 'sassy' [?] vocals singing in unison w/ simple riffs, etc) but .. i dunno? i like it? and would be cool to see it live. 'superchrist' and 'church/outcasts' too please!

but like, on the west coast.

yeah, i agree it is getting out of hand. i mean when sonic youth did daydream nation with redd kross doing born innocent i thought that was going to be it. but nope, everyone's doing it now.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|