View Single Post
Old 04.24.2008, 08:42 AM   #1
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Thurston Moore

When you get a text late on a Monday night that reads, "Thurston Moore is playing a house party. Get over here!," you get over there. I'm glad that this stuff still happens to me and I find it funny that I took way more pictures of people taking celphone pictures than I did of Thurston shredding. The shredding, by the way, was hilarious as he was playing through some kid's crappy little amp and you could actually hear the pick hitting strings over the quiet squeal of feedback. Had it been anybody else performing in the exact same manner the kids would've been bored out of their minds, but THURSTON FREAKING MOORE?!? PARTY!!!!!

I'm so sad this picture didn't come out because this kid is drinking a JUG OF CARLO ROSSI...BLUSH!!! Oh man, to be seventeen again! He was also asking Thurston all kinds of cute fanboy questions which were fielded with style and class. I felt so old. Ugh.

This is the only picture I took of the show. I think maybe Thurston was going for a stagedive sort of thing but not really succeeding.

Far more interesting to me were scenes like this. You know that dude in the stripes is like, "Do I throw these devil horns in the air? Do you think he'll see it through those foggy windows?"

Here's a short video I took to give you a sense of the vibe. Sadly, this lacks some of the cushion tossing that really rubbed in the "This is some kid's livingroom!!!" aesthetic, but you get the idea.

Thurston is single-handedly responsible for me turning my back on Christian rock so if this post sounds all hipster-blase, that is simply not the case. I was just as floored as Blushboy. Had I had the foresight to pick up a jug, I would've been chugging along. Thankfully, my years of experience led me to the crisper where I stealthily snagged the last beer in the house. ALWAYS CHECK THE CRISPER!!!
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|