View Single Post
Old 04.25.2008, 12:12 AM   #8
koolthing78
bad moon rising

koolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asses
EEeeeEEE-GAD! How can anyone say Free Kitten sucks?? Ok, no--I take that back. I was underwhelmed by "Sentimental Education" for about 8 years and hardly ever listened to it. But last fall, when I was running out of music to stimulate my craving for surprises, I decided to put it in while I smoked, if for no other reason than I hadn't heard it in a while so it would at least seem "new" for a couple of spins. But I found it to be absolutely amazing! I mean, the title track alone--whereas I had previously thought it was "ok," but way too long and repetetive, it now revealed itself to be a complex and intense emotional journey. Just listen to how the chord at the end morphs into a poignant modified minor chord (but only if you listen really close), and then how the beat starts up again as it fades out, suggesting the refusal of time to stand still, even at the most tradgic moments of life. Seriously, Free Kitten is some good shit...
Either I don't understand the point of "repping," or I do and it really is pointless. Fortunately I'm colorblind, so it wouldn't make sense to concern myself with being concerned about it in the first place.

www.myspace.com/koolthing78
koolthing78 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|