View Single Post
Old 05.26.2006, 08:09 PM   #12
kingcoffee
expwy. to yr skull

kingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asseskingcoffee kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry all, I just dont agree! I had very high hopes for Rather Ripped, but it really let me down. I thought that some of the musical ideas were good, but they seem underdeveloped. Like it's not all it could be. It falls a little flat. NOt necessarily a bad record, but not a ll that great. Knowing SY and there determination towards more noise, this is a more melodic record in the veain of Sonic Nurse and Murry Street, but in my opinion no where near as good. Sonic Nurse was a great record. Lush, beautiful music. Very "full" sounding. Rather Ripped seems empty. Maybe it's just me, but I can only get throguh part of the record before I have to turn it off. The only real track that reminds me that I'm actually listening to Sonic Youth is Rats by Lee, who is dangerously almost nonexistant in this record. I wish he could contribute more to each album, especially this one, cuz it really needs that kind of experimental strength that only Lee can pull off.
kingcoffee is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|