View Single Post
Old 07.16.2008, 06:29 AM   #32
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by radarmaker
Yeas, but that's about as positive as it's possible to be about it.

No it isn't, I fucking adore Rather Ripped. Yes, its poppy, but people were probably saying that negatively about Goo and Dirty when they were released, and now they're indeispensible cult albums.
There are weak tracks, and Lee's is the weakest I've ever heard from him, but mostly its just sublime, and Pink Steam, Or, and particularly Eyeliner and Helen Lundburg I rate amongst the greatest SY tracks ever. Or is up there with JC in terms of the most moving. And Pink Steam, listening to the peice build so delicately and beautifully and for Thurston's vocals to break in - its soooo good. You guys are entitled to dislike RR, but I for one don't listen to SY just for 'noise', they're incredible songwriters, and Rather Ripped is an excellent showcase of this.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|