View Single Post
Old 08.08.2008, 07:15 PM   #19
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
just got back from Oya in Norway. it was lovely to SY again. very first row, Thurston's side. great sound. nice performance, Thurston bit calmer than usual. no new songs, damn it. can't remember setlist properly (but very similar to their recent setlists). in no order and I might be missing something, setlist consisted from:

100%
Burning Spear
Drunken Butterfly
Bull In The Heather
Jams Runs Free
Pink Steam
Eric's Trip
Hey Joni
The Sprawl
Cross The Breeze
The Wonder
Hyperstation
ENCORE:
Silver Rocket
Shaking Hell

I've been ask stop taping SY's set. didn't expect any hustle about taping it, coz there wasn't any in my previous experiences. I should have stealth recording. didn't go further back into crowd and taped it from there, stayed in very front and "paid the price" of not having recording. I hope someone else taped it.

went to see Original Silence (I was more aware this time and managed tape that). great set. don't know if to call it improvization, or noise or what, but in my words it was hardcore noise blast from the beginning to the end. support band was very interesting as well. Nisennenmondai is the name of the band. 3 girls from Japan played some fine tunes.

I've uploaded more pictures from SY's set and very few from Original Silence here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29387133@N03/

greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|