View Single Post
Old 08.09.2008, 11:30 AM   #39
Pax Americana
expwy. to yr skull

Pax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's assesPax Americana kicks all y'all's asses
I saw SY in Toronto a few years back and I met Kim, Thurston and Lee... Steve ran away before I could say 'hello' to him. I was hanging around outside the venue and the band happened to pull up pretty close to me in a van. They were going in for their soundcheck. So I thought, 'what the hell? i'll probably never get another chance to talk to sonic youth!' and I went over and said 'hi' to Kim and Thurston.

Kim seemed kinda preoccupied and possibly annoyed that I was bugging her, but she did kindly sign my Daydream Nation cd jacket. Thurston was real cool, and friendly... and tall. I'm kinda short so the dude looked huge. Lee actually walked over to me when he saw me coming over. He was the most amiable of the bunch. He shook my hand and thanked me for coming to the show and stuff. Real nice guy. I saw Steve, but he slipped into the club before I could talk to him.

After the show, I spoke to Lee for a little while again. So yeah, that was a pretty cool experience. And now I have a signed DDN.
Pax Americana is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|