View Single Post
Old 08.14.2008, 09:16 PM   #21
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyneurotic
uhhh...why is phish in the options?

Because Phish regularly name drop SY, and SY have actively sought the jam-band neo-hippie crowd at least since 1,000 Leaves and their regular appearances at Bonaroo.

It seemed like a relatively calculated move when Jerry Garcia died that suddenly Sonic Youth were vocally very pro-hippie. All those kids following the Dead around were going to have to find somewhere else to go (mind most of them enrolled at Evergreen, which was really kind of obnoxious if you happened to live in Olympia) and SY were just opening their arms and saying come on board.

So, while I kind of doubt anyone would admit it, I bet there are some people who at least read this board who got into SY via Phish. To me, that would be no more lame than getting there via Pearl Jam.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|