View Single Post
Old 06.04.2006, 05:50 PM   #1
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
Well, INCINERATE is probably my very fave tune off the whole SY discography right now... I love the song so much. And the lyrics are just WONDERFUL.

So I was surfing the net and came thru the famous "Thurston Story" once again, and read carefully this time around...

there you go:

"I met this girl and became obsessed with being in love with her. She was fucking this older writer poet guy who lived in my building on the top floor.
I would hang out my window from afternoon to evening hoping and waiting for her to turn the corner.
One day she knocked, came in and I knew we were gonna have to be together forever. Five minutes later the writer guy knocked and walked in all innocent and smiling and I realized the two of them had plans that day and she said "OK, see ya later!' and I was like, "OK" and then I blanked out. It wasn't so tragic cuz I did eventually score some quality time with her (she was Swedish!) but too many stupid hours were spent walking from the East Village to Tribeca, back and forth, chanting punker mantras of unrequited desire, hoping to run into this incredible on- the-loose girl.

[...]

I spent a glorious March week end with the Swedish girl I was obsessed with and I figured she would just stay in my apartment forever from that moment on but she left Monday morning wear- ing my overcoat. She actually said she'd be right back but she never returned. I ran into her a couple of weeks later and she refused to address the issue and I told her I needed my coat back. I actually almonst cried in front of her and told her I loved her and all I wanted was a girlfriend to live with and all the while a fire engine was screaming past us. She knew what I was saying and just kind of smiled compassionately because of all the noise around us. We were both a little embarrassed."

Well, not only this story touched me deep inside the very first time I read it (I went thru something like this too...) but right now I think it adds to these lyrics (pay close attention!):

incinerate
i ripped yr heart out from yr chest
replaced it with a grenade blast
incinerate x4
firefighters hose me down
i don't care i'll burn out anyhow
it's 4 alarm girl nothing to see
hear the sirens come for me

you dosed my soul with gasoline
you flicked a match into my brain
incinerate x 4
the firefighters are so nice
i remember you so cold as ice
now flames are licking at yr feet
sirens come to put me out of misery

you wave yr torch into my eyes
flamethrower lover burning mind
incinerate x 8

words: thurston moore / 2006

If this is it, well Thurston... carry on man. You've got my total support.
Ciao all...