View Single Post
Old 02.13.2009, 04:21 PM   #13
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Abutments
mp3's DO suck! I'm in total agreement. Nothing like a virtual music collection that can bite the dust any day as technology sees fit. Not to mention a huge loss of warmth and fidelity in the music itself. Compression is the scourge of all sound waves.

so what happens if your records melt, warp or scratch?

what happens when your tapes tear, get scratched or wear out?

what happens when your CDs get scratched to shit, or break or lost?

ALL musical media have their flaws, for one I like mp3s and have been using them for years long before I even got an ipod.. it is terribly convenient to have all your music in one place, either on a hard drive, or a flash drive, or a smaller pile of data discs, than to have volumes and volumes full of cassettes, vinyl, and CDs...

and in regards to sound quality, it is all lost in the mixdown to 44.1k to begin with and we all cant walk around listening to music on two inch reel to reel..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|