View Single Post
Old 02.13.2009, 09:54 PM   #17
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Abutments
"it is terribly convenient to have all your music in one place"

That's the problem. We're a society bent on convenience.

And my records don't warp, scratch or wear out because I take care of them. I've also never owned even one CD that's been scratched to shit or broken or lost because I take care of them.

Mixdown may dump some of the sound but mp3's STILL sound thin, shrill and empty. Of course if you're ripping at 320kbps it's extremely difficult to hear it. 128 kbps is garbage. Might I add that the pan flutes of Zamfir won't reveal a loss at 128kbps either. The more complex the music the more shitty an mp3 will be!

I just like to be sure I'm hearing it all.

I am not so much bent on convenience as much as access. I enjoy having access to my entire collection more leisurely, while it takes the spontaneity out of choosing what to listen to, before I converted my discs to mp3 I would get stuck on a few albums over and over again, more out of convenience than the mp3 player! It was more convenient to listen to the same pile of discs I had dug out then to dig out a new pile, and this continues. In my living room I have a regular CD player and a pile of discs which I randomly replace with a new pile, and I get stuck on the same shit for ever out there, where as in my bedroom and in my pocket I have everything and listen to a tremendous variety of music across my day..

for my part, I say long live the mp3. I am the analog nut, but as far as I am concerned that is in recording, and truthfully, the horrifying reality of dithering and the mix-down already disillusioned me from audio purity years ago... alas alas

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|