View Single Post
Old 06.13.2006, 10:27 PM   #15
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
Christgau has been quite the fan for a while. Though it was a bit after Kill Yr Idols. I really do respect the guy. Obviously a band's goal should not be to impress people like him, but he's a very honest and opinionated man and I admire that about him, even if I disagree with some (or a lot) of his reviews. Can't blame him for not liking the first few CDs - he really didn't like them. At the time they were a revolution, not a talent. Very hard to judge that objectively. What can you do?

All of his stuff is at his website, including his ratings and summaries for every single SY album. I believe they were all written at the time they were released, too. Also, somewhere on his site there's a personal interview with Thurston and Kim, at their house, with Coco. It's crazy thinking about their history together and how they ended up there.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|