View Single Post
Old 04.28.2009, 08:25 PM   #205
Kuwa_Slayne
bad moon rising

Kuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's assesKuwa_Slayne kicks all y'all's asses
This album is glorious--it sounds like Sonic Youth to me and that's pretty much what I expect from them. While I like some albums better than others, they have never really let me down (although it took me many many moons to appreciate EJST&NS). The first two spins of "The Eternal" left me blissed out--I was grinning the entire time. I'm definately not disappointed.

I hear bits and pieces of past tunes echoing throughout the new tracks, but it all seems funneled through a new invigoration. I'm not going to make any comparisons because people are going to take away or get something different.

I think these tunes are going to rock live and I haven't been this excited to hear SY perform new tunes in quite some time.

Oh yeah, this is going to be the ultimate Summer record.