View Single Post
Old 04.28.2009, 11:44 PM   #1
Kosako
children of satan

Kosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's assesKosako kicks all y'all's asses
I've already get my copy of The Eternal, as I said some days ago in this forum to all those fuckers who were angry because I post the split albums, here I'm not gonna put links to download. Instead, I wanna talk about what I felt about this first hearing of The Eternal.
We all were always fan of them because of their style, so unique; because they always have shown a creative side that shows that they never copy themselves from one album to the next. Despite of some people thoughts, I thinks The Eternal is a beautiful record, and it deserves to be listen from the first to the last track. Yeah, they kinda leave aside all that noise improvisation free structure kinda songs, and now they sound more as a garage rock band, but for me it's one of their better album in quality of recording, soundness, and songs.
I hope people just take their time to listen to it carefully, and not to listen once and then say "this is not Sonic Youth, this is crap". I think they are always getting mature in their sound. And this is not the exception. For all of those that miss Jim O'Rourke, let say that Jim was part of SY and that he left the band so I think people shouldn't miss that era, but to receive this one.

My favourite tunes at the moment:

Antenna
What we know
Anti orgasm
Leaky lifeboat
Thunderclap
Walking blue
Massage the history

Finally, I think it's not a NOISE record, it's a pure rock record. It deserves to be played.
Cheers
Kosako is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|