View Single Post
Old 05.01.2009, 04:20 PM   #141
Kyohan
bad moon rising

Kyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's assesKyohan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedrex
What difference does it make between 128 and 320? Next to nothing,

Again. I'm not really complaining about the stream; I understand that Matador have their reasons for making it 128kbps and I'm sure they know their business better than I do. On the other hand, arguments like this shouldn't go by without comment.
There is a whole world of difference between 128 and 320 - yes, its all digitally compressed and subject to the limitations of MP3 encoding, but if you think there's no difference in those bitrates, you really aren't listening carefully.
At 128 their is no colour in the sound whatsoever - anything outside of the midrange will be heavily clipped and most of the dynamics in the sound are gone.
A well-encoded 320kbps MP3 will be very close to CD quality on all but the very highest end audio reproduction equipment.
If you're cool with the stream being 128 kbps, great but let's keep the facts straight.
Kyohan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|